Bachelor of Computer Applications
Duration: 3 years (six semesters)/4 years (eight semesters)
Eligibility: Class XII passed or equivalent. Lateral entry to the 2nd year can be taken after a 3-year diploma
Students may take up any of the following specialisation courses:
- Web Technology: for students who want to excel in web application development using various programming languages like C#, PHP, Java, and various other web designing tools and techniques.
- Hardware and Networking: for students seeking a career in designing, building, and maintaining of computer networks, computer hardware, and peripheral equipment.
- Mobile Applications: In addition to all the mandatory subjects of a conventional BCA programme, this specialisation offers an in-depth practical know-how of developing mobile applications with emphasis on Android.
- Animation and Multimedia: This specialisation is designed to provide an industry-based curriculum and instruction in digital arts, multimedia, and computer animation.
Specialization from the fourth semester
1st & 2nd Semester
1st & 2nd SemesterProvide the key scientific, mathematical and
3rd & 4th Semester
Learn how to program in different programming language, manage database and exploring one’s area of interest.
Core Competencies and Electives
5th& 6th Semester
Implement software engineering concepts in the real time situation.
Specialization and Real Time Applications
Course of study
The BCA program focuses on providing good theoretical background, industry-oriented education to meet the demand of the Information Technology of SME, Large Enterprises and also developing entrepreneurial graduates.
- Theoretical knowledge: Lectures, Demonstration, Group discussions, Assignments, Case studies.
- Practical knowledge: Laboratory, Project works, Industrial visits, Presentations, Seminar, Workshops and other experiential activities.
System Integration technician
Data warehousing technician
Data Entry operator
Information system manager
PC assembler/ technician
Technical support executive