Procedure to be followed for Doctoral Studies under the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies
- Common Entrance Test & Interview held in MLCU – in the second week of June and the second week of January every year
- A Common Entrance Test will be conducted for all disciplines.
- Entrance Test and Interview to be conducted at the MLCU.
- Coursework period– July to April/ February to December.
- 4 Papers (16- 20 credits) to be facilitated by the Doctoral Centres.
- In the case of MTh., stream candidate, the course work is limited to 12 to 16 Credits, and the minimum period required for coursework is six months to one year.
- Research Proposal: The research proposal is to be submitted to the Doctoral Centres on the supervisors’ recommendation and a thesis proposal seminar to be conducted at the Doctoral Centres.
- The approval of the research proposal should be obtained within 12 months from the date of admission.
- The ethical approval is also required from the University Research Ethics Committee after the research proposal has been accepted.
- Progress Report – A progress report endorsed by the supervisor should be sent through the Doctoral Centre to the Dean of Doctoral Studies. The progress report is to be sent every six months i.e. every third week of March and every third week of September.
- Progress Seminars – September of every year
They are facilitated by the Doctoral Centres and possibly one representative of the University is to be present.
- Thesis submission- Before the pre-submission submission the following have to be submitted:
- A soft copy is to be submitted to enable the University to check the format and if there is any form of plagiarism.
- Two spiral bound copies
- Pre-submission presentation
They are facilitated by the Doctoral Centres and one representative of university to be present.
- Final Submission — After correction of the thesis, submit four hardbound copies of the final thesis and a soft copy to be sent to the Secretary, Doctoral Committee of ACTRS of the University. Refer the format given in APA/SBL or the Turabian /Chicago style of writing.
- Public Défense – After receiving the examiners’ satisfactory comments and approval, a public Défense will be conducted at the MLCU Main Campus, Shillong, usually in July to facilitate the candidate’s joining the Annual Convocation the end of July.