Duration: 3years (six semesters) with option for an additional 4th year for Honours or Honours with research.
Eligibility: Class XII (Any stream)
The course offers students a platform to gain an in- depth understanding of a wide range of subjects within the realm of English language and literary studies as it focuses on developing knowledge and experiences in the disciplines of English Literature, English Language Education, and Linguistics. The course provides both global and indigenous perspectives to the study, opportunities and challenges in the field of English studies as it relates to real-world issues such as the interplay of social-interactions, media and translation in multilingual and multicultural exchanges. Students will be able to learn, participate and evaluate the practical application of theoretical concepts in the field.
- To familiarize students with the key concepts in English Language Education, Literature and Linguistics
- To provide students with a comprehensive knowledge of the theoretical foundations of language and literary texts.
- To enable students to comprehend and review language and literature texts
- To equip students with the necessary skills required for academic preparation
- To introduce students to a proficiency course in a foreign language.
- To provide students with a broader understanding of the role of gender in language
- To encourage students to achieve practical experience in educational forums such as literary fests, seminars, webinars, debates, conferences, workshops and others.
Classroom lecture, group discussion, session learning, self-directed learning, presentation, interactive seminars, webinars, debates, field visits and surveys and workshops,SWAYAM MOOC course, Coursera.
- Eligibility for Masters programme in English Language Education, Linguistics, English Literature or related discipline
- Coaching for competitive examinations
- Competent English language trainers in schools and colleges
- English trainers in technical colleges, hospitality services and industry and other training institutes
- Project and research coordinators in research and educational institutions
- Careers in writing for media and advertising