The Seed Grant was introduced to encourage faculty to conduct a research or a pilot study which will enhance faculty’s academic excellence and also gain access to larger funding from other research agencies.
Other objectives of the Seed Grant
- To encourage the faculty to take up research activities/projects that would benefit communities.
- To enhance research expertise of the faculty.
- To enhance the research data available for Meghalaya and North Eastern India.
- To enhance the number of publications of the faculty.
- To enhance the research standards of the university.
- Regularized/confirmed faculty can apply.
- Faculty who have registered for PhD will not be eligible.
- Two or more faculty can co-apply, provided they are from different departments.