- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Art/Fine Art
- Any bachelor’s degree with a Visual art / Fine art certificate/ diploma
- Bachelors from any stream with an aptitude for visual arts
For (b) and (c)Students will have an aptitude test along with submissions of portfolios of minimum 10 or maximum 20 works in any mediums and a personal statement of professional aims. Based on these criteria a bridge or foundation course will be offered before joining of the degree program.
This MVA programme is structured toward a more liberal inclusion of young talented individuals to pursue careers in the arts. As we are subjected to very diverse visual experiences in our day to day lives, we realise how important media and images play in today’s world. This programme will enable students to understand the art of making images and to encourage them to look at images from diverse perspectives. Critical analysis of these images will also be an important focus to further understand effective composition and content creation. Apart from this, guiding the students in curatorial and exhibition management and art presentation is also included. Semester wise exhibition at different site-specific locations will be part of the curriculum which will expose students to interact and share their concepts and ideas behind their work. Many more art activities related to exploration of the arts with other disciplines will also be included. This programme is aimed at broadening opportunities and ventures for young people inclined towards visual arts to create, develop and grow within and beyond their own community.
- Students with a 4 years bachelor’s degree in Visual Art/Fine Art are eligible for lateral entry
to the 3rd semester with specialisation or a general programme without specialisation.
- Students with a Bachelor’s degree from any stream with 1yr PG Diploma in any Visual Art field are also eligible for lateral entry to the 3rd semester with specialisation or a general programme without specialisation
Two 50% scholarships will be awarded to deserving candidates for 1-year MVA programme as per the following eligibility criteria:
- Working artists with a PG diploma
- Application/admission for a one-year individualised MVA
- Personal statement