- Any undergraduate degree and students will have to take bridge courses in the first year in Basic Nutrition, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and General Biology and Physiology if they have not taken these courses in their undergraduate degree
- A postgraduate diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics with an undergraduate degree course in Nutrition, or
- A four-year undergraduate degree with honors in Nutrition and Dietetics.
Nutritionists and Dietitians provide dietary guidance to people to improve their health, avoid nutritionally related diseases, and maintain adequate nutrition during illness. People suffering from certain disease conditions need to be mindful of their eating habits and the kind of food they eat. Ignorance of this can aggravate the disease, whereas adherence to the right diet can help in speedy recovery or stability of the condition. Their major role is to assist people in planning their meals depending upon their age, sickness, or work routine. They provide group or individualized dietary counselling, organize the foodservice systems in hospitals, schools, hotels, and other institutions. They also specialize in education, research, administration, and clinical or community dietetics and nutrition.
- Clinical Nutrition Counsellor
- Administrative Dietitian
- Food Evaluation Officer
- Consultant in Rehabilitation Centre and Nutritional Program