Location: MLCU main campus- Room No.512 (Fourth floor).
Mailing Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The aim of the centre is to renders services for a holistic development of students.
The objectives are:
- To promote community’s awareness on the various services through provision of professional information and psycho-education.
- To enhance the client’s ability to function normally and maximize his or her potentials, the centre offers an array of individualized services by effectively dealing with client’s bio-psychosocial needs.
- To provide services that are tailored to the needs of individuals, including assessment, consultation, psychotherapy, and referrals.
What is counseling? Counseling is a one-to-one relationship between two people. The counsellor helps clients to explore, understand, and work through problems on an individual basis. It allows the client a safe place to be himself/herself and to say what he /she truly feel in confidence without fear of judgment, criticism or unwanted advice. A time spent with a competent professional can help a person address issues and enhance his/her productivity and life satisfaction.
The centre can cater to a wide variety of issues and concerns. While some can be for a short- termed and may be easily addressed after one or few counseling sessions, other issues can be for a longer period of time.
The issues that could be brought to centre include:
- Anti- Social BehaviourAdjusting to College life
- Self Esteem and Body Image Concerns
- Stress and Anxiety
- Eating Disorders
- Relationship Concerns( pre-marital counselling, couple counselling
- Family Conflicts
- Substance Abuse
- Victim of Abuse – physical, sexual and emotional
Confidentiality and Privacy of Records
It is the policy of the centre that counselors must adhere to the policies and procedures of the centre, policies and regulations and the ethical guidelines of the respective professions. All client records will be kept as private data.
Reporting Physical and other forms of Abuse of Minors and Vulnerable Persons
If and when a counselor learns of sufficient information to report abuse of a vulnerable person, a report will be made to the appropriate authority. The client will be told of the need to make a report and will be given the option of self-reporting with the support of the counselor. The counselor will discuss the action taken with the concerned authority.
Timing: The Counselling Centre services are available from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm from Monday to Friday at the campus.
Fees: Free for MLCU Students and staff.
Others: Students- Rs. 250/session
Professionals- Rs. 500/ session
How to make an appointment?
You can come personally, call or sms the counselor for an appointment to share your concerns, improve upon your skills and well-being or just chat.