Established in the year 2006 and the first in the Northeast, the department offers a learning niche with hands on experience to students who opt to be future allied health care professionals. These professionals who are involved in therapeutic, diagnostic, curative, preventive and/ or rehabilitative interventions in healthcare settings with doctors, nurses and public health officials to promote treatment and/ or manage the physical, mental, social, emotional and environmental health of the people in the community.
Currently the department follows the curriculum developed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Master of Optometry
- Master of Science in Medical Imaging Technology
- Master of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology in Microbiology
- Master of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology in Clinical Biochemistry
- Master of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology (MSc MLT Generic)
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science in Biostatistics and Epidemiology